In the first fully functional Secular Buddhist podcast, we talk about why we’re checking into Buddhism without its rich religious historical context. We’ll also hear a segment from a recent Interreligious Symposium asking the question, “Meditation: Buddhist and Christian, Is There a Common Ground?”, and more.
- Minnesota Zen Meditation Center
- Secularizing Buddhism–Making it Accessible or Stripping the Roots?
- U.S. Religious Landscape Survey
- American Religious Identification Survey (ARIS) 2008
- Bethel University Interreligious Symposia
- Killing the Buddha
- Logic and Logical Fallacies on SkepticWiki
- Juniper — buddhist training for modern life
Music for This Episode
The music heard in the middle of the podcast is from the Chikuzen Shakuhachi Series, Volume 1, courtesy of Tai Hei Shakuhachi. The tracks used in this episode are:
- Track 6 :: Esashi Oiwake
- Track 7 :: Kumoihishi
Category: The Secular Buddhist Podcast