20 Minute Sit

| November 29, 2012 | 14 Comments

20 Minute Sit

A guided 20-minute mindfulness meditation session featuring mindfulness of the breath and of the body, guided by Mark Knicklebine:

Tags:

Category: Audio, Guided Meditations

1. doug sample says:

Thank you, that was great.

2. Lyman Reed says:

Thank you, Mark. Good stuff!

3. Candol says:

I think my ears have been permanently damaged by that high pitched zinger.

4. Martin says:

Thank you Mark, this is a lovely meditation for a beginner like me. I’m attempting it daily but occasionally “forget”.

5. Martin says:

Hi Mark, I’ve just finished your 20′ Guided meditation which I’ve been doing regularly now for about a month. In your very last closing remarks you use the word ‘happy’ and it always catches me. Yes, I know it implies calm, peaceful contentment, but it’s other images, of people partying etc., that come to mind. Perhaps there’s a fullness to ‘happy’ that isn’t captured in ‘contentment’ for instance. Hey, I know I’m being picky. Hopefully not objectionably so!

His Pickiness,

Martin.

Martin, may all beings everywhere get down! “Be happy” is the traditional metta phrase and I guess I err on the side of brevity. Would “May all beings be truly happy and deeply peaceful” sound less salacious to you? I’m really glad to know you’ve been getting a lot of use out of the guided meditation and I hope it’s been a benefit to your practice.

7. Paul Mc Paul Mc says:

Thanks Mark! putting together some of these guided meditation exercises along with the weekly practice suggestions from Dana ;-> very nice beginnings!

8. mbaskin mbaskin says:

Im happy to have found this community, and this meditation to start my journey back on the cushion. Thanks Mark!

• Mark Knickelbine says:

M —

I’m very gratified to hear that it’s helping. I have recorded a new version that Anthony has succeeded in cleaning up, so that will be available soon!

9. SunnyCamomile59 says:

Hey Mark!

I attempted to do mindfulness practice everyday for the past few months on my own without guidance and needless to say, it was difficult. I tried many guided meditations but this one stuck! Thank you so very much!

Sunny, thanks for sharing that! It makes me feel good to hear that people find the recordings helpful.

11. keko keko says:

Thanks Mark..u made it so easy,got totally different perspective of meditation..thanks again.

Keko, thanks for your kind words! Best of luck with your practice.