Hello! An introduction and a humble request

Home Forums Introduce Yourself Hello! An introduction and a humble request

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Yangchenma 1 month ago.

• Author

Yangchenma
    Participant

Hi all! My name is Maria, though everybody calls me Maya. I’m 25 years old and I’m from Mexico City. I’m currently finishing college and working on my thesis, my major is Politics. I’m also working on a project with an NGO called Save the Children to bring meditation both for children and educators. I’ve been a dharma practitioner for a couple of years now, and although I had experience with meditation and spiritual practices before, the dharma has deepened my understanding as well as my experience. My main practice is White Tara, which I try to do daily to the best of my extent. I have a profound aspiration to do retreat next year at the Garchen Buddhist Institute (H.E. Garchen Rinpoche is my root guru); it’s a six month long gnöndrö retreat consisting on the preliminary practices. I really want to deepen my practice and to continue cultivating a mind of enlightenment as well as my faith and devotion. I apologize in advance if this is not the place to do this, but I’m reaching out to the global community for support in order to help me achieve this aspiration 🙂 I’m fundraising for this retreat, so if anybody would want to donate, I will deeply deeply appreciate it! Otherwise, sharing the link amongst dharma friends or on your social media would be of tremendous help for me. This is the link:
    https://www.theofferingbowl.com/petitions/759

Regardless, I’m really happy to be a part of this community and happy to be in touch with all of you. Thank you! Sarva mangalam!

-Maya|Könchök Dagme Yangchen

Ted Meissner
    Ted Meissner
    Keymaster

Maya, nice to meet you. Please do not, however, post about personal fundraising on this site. Thank you!

Yangchenma
    Participant

Oh, I sincerely apologize. Won’t do in the future. Thank you!

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.