Hello from Baltimore!

Home Forums Introduce Yourself Hello from Baltimore!

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Ted Meissner Ted Meissner 2 months, 3 weeks ago.

• Author

Sha
    Participant

Good Evening!

Sha here, from Baltimore, MD (near Washington DC, USA).

I’m super pleased to have found this forum; I’ve been interested in Buddhism for a decade now, dipping in and out occasionally as one does at first. This year I was able to take a month retreat at Zen Mountain Monastery in New York, and my meditation practice has really begun to develop.

I loved the aesthetic of Zen, but I find the secular teachings (I am especially into Stephen Batchelor at the moment) resound more harmoniously with my scientific/philosophical training.

Hoping to find a bit of a cloud-sangha and who knows, maybe make some offline acquaintances as well.

Happy Tuesday!
    :Sha

Ted Meissner
    Ted Meissner
    Keymaster

Hi, Sha, welcome! So glad you’ve found this place, as there are many of us here who have a similar outlook and engagement with Buddhism.

I would like to also suggest you consider joining us for Practice Circle, especially if you’re interested in making connections within the community. Just look under Meditation Support, Practice Circle for details.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.