Hello from England

Home Forums Introduce Yourself Hello from England

This topic contains 5 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by Kal Kal 1 month, 1 week ago.

• Author

Anonymous

I’ve been trying to work with Buddhism on and off for about 40 years, but fell foul of what seemed to be cults. Stephen Batchelor’s work has kept me in touch with the dharma, especially Buddhism Without Beliefs and on-line videos of he and John Peacock. Returning to their outputs recently proved timely, as I have spent six months undergoing tests for various cancers (so far free and clear). Oddly that proved a blessing in terms of allowing me to fully understand the basics: impermanence, etc. Equally, finding Jack Kornfeld’s gentle little book & CD on meditation has opened the door to getting back to some element of meditation practice. No longer seeking ‘nirvana’, whatever that is. Just getting on with living in a positive frame of mind. Now looking forward to seeing where the SBA might lead me.

Michael Finley
    Michael Finley
    Participant

Welcome — you sound like a good fit around here!

Anonymous

Thanks Michael – good of you to reply

Kal
        Kal
        Participant

Hi Matin B,

Welcome! I’m from the UK too. I was going to send you a private message to have a chat – but the PM system doesn’t seem to be in my profile.

However, you can find me at Buddhism Without Boundaries website as Aloka.

With metta,

Kal

Anonymous

Hello Kal – thanks for the contact and link. I am happy with what I have got on SBA for now. Excuse my caution! regards, Martin

Kal
    Kal
    Participant

I am happy with what I have got on SBA for now. Excuse my caution!

No problem , lol!

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.