Hi from Massachusetts

Home Forums Introduce Yourself Hi from Massachusetts

This topic contains 2 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by Ted Meissner Ted Meissner 1 week, 3 days ago.

• Author

RT
    Participant

Hi there my name is Ryan. I recently completed a 6 month course on secular buddhism. Currently I’m exploring where i could go to next to expand upon what I’ve already learned. I would love to connect with non religious people in my area who are also interested in Buddhism.

I was born into/escaped a controlling religion and so i have an aversion to religous and supernateral things but ive found that i enjoy mindfulness and related Buddhist concepts. I think a lot of secular people could benefit from them.

Have a great day

Ryan

• This topic was modified 1 week, 4 days ago by  RT.
    • This topic was modified 1 week, 4 days ago by  RT.
    Jennifer Hawkins
    Jennifer Hawkins
    Keymaster

Hi, RT, and welcome!

If you haven’t already heard about it, I’d suggest checking out our Practice Circle events:

SBA Practice Circle

These are free online guided meditations every other Sunday. The next one will be this Sunday and have guest leader Meg Chang.

I also really enjoyed reading your other post, but don’t quite have time to respond just yet.

JH

Ted Meissner
    Ted Meissner
    Keymaster

Hi, Ryan. Where are you in Massachusetts, if you don’t mind sharing? I work in Shrewsbury, live in Monson. If you’re anywhere near Worcester, you might want to consider joining the Monday Night Community sit I co-host at the Center for Mindfulness.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.