Yogacara

This topic contains 0 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by Shane Presswood Shane Presswood 1 month, 2 weeks ago.

• Author
    Shane Presswood
    Shane Presswood
    Participant

I have been interested in finding a specific school of Buddhism to hone in on as a first attempt after my initial studies and practice started last April. I find this will be beneficial to me weeding out what works for my practice and what does not. I do not want to get too theistic or for goodness sakes, dogmatic in any way, but I need to rein in a bit to one school right now.

Based on some recent discussions with my “mentor” Karma Yeshe Rabgye I have decided to focus on Yogacara. The reason being that it seems to pull in all four schools of Mahayana, Theravada, Vajrayana and Zen in some way. I do not yet know if this way is the way I will always follow, as my practice flows just as Vipassana flows.

I am looking for comments and experiences others have had along their journeys here.

I will begin my more in depth research (beyond what has already intrigued me about Yogacara) when the book ” Inside Vasubandhu’s Yogacara: A Practitioner’s Guide by Ben Connelly” arrives this coming week.

Any thoughts, comments, cautions etc welcome!

Gassho!

Gassho,
    Shane

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.