Please read our Code of Conduct before participating in this community.

Hello from Wisconsi...

Notifications
Clear all

Hello from Wisconsin!

3 Posts
3 Users
0 Likes
(@acvincer)
Topic starter

My name is Alex and I’m a new member from Racine, Wisconsin, USA. I grew up under many Christian denominations, including Pentecostal, Baptist and Roman Catholic, but after I studied Buddhism in college and spent time at the Milwaukee Mindfulness Center I knew I was home. However, ever since I started my professional career ten years ago and moved away from Milwaukee, I have not been able to find a sangha of any Buddhist organization that was less than an almost one-hour drive away from me. 

I am thrilled that my search for an organization that is aligned with my interests lead me here! I look forward to taking part in the Sunday online gatherings and participating in this community.

-Alex

Posted : 05/11/2021 6:29 pm
(@jason)

Hi there from Bloomer! I see you posted this a year ago and there's been no replies.

It seems like this is a dead forum. 🙁

Posted : 02/12/2022 12:09 pm
Linda Blanchard
(@linda-blanchard)
Active Member Admin

@jason Yep, the Secular Buddhist forum has been pretty dead, you're right. But I've set the intention to check in regular in the hope that we can kick start it back to, well, if not its glory days then at least back to a viable, lively, helpful community.

Posted : 07/04/2023 3:33 pm
Share: