Please read our Code of Conduct before participating in this community.

Notifications
Clear all

Greetings!

Mike Walker
(@mike-walker)

My name is Mike Walker and I'm thrilled to have found SB.org. It wasn't until I discovered Stephen Batchelor and "Buddhism Without Beliefs" that I knew such a path existed. 

At the suggestion of my doctor - potentially to relieve some anxiety - I began researching and practicing meditation nearly five years ago. I didn't really know what to expect but I experienced personal "change" very quickly. As you all know, it is very difficult to research and study meditation without bumping into Buddhism time and time again. As a former Catholic, I swore to myself that I would not go down the Buddhist rabbit hole. 

Needless to say, I went well down the hole and couldn't be happier that I did. That said, I'm nearly 60 and have decided it's time to focus on those aspects of Buddhism that I can experience personally and require no faith.

I believe that a secular path is my ladder out to a place where I can stop weighing and comparing the different schools and beliefs that have distracted and confused me over the past several years. 

Thrilled to be here. Best to all!

Topic starter Posted : 19/04/2021 8:56 am
Share: