Please read our Code of Conduct before participating in this community.

Hello from Oak Cree...

Notifications
Clear all

Hello from Oak Creek, Wisconsin!

2 Posts
2 Users
1 Likes
(@collegegrad77)
Topic starter

Hello All!

My name is Mark, I am from Oak Creek, Wisconsin. I grew up in a fundamentalist born again Christian household, that identified as Pentecostal. As I grew up, I began questioning the teachings of the church, which lead to a lot of ridicule and abuse. 

As you can imagine, that pushed me further away from belief, and I began a crusade that I describe as, “Agressive Atheism”, in which I would go out of my way to find and argue with those of faith. (I am not proud of this). 

Now that I have closed in on my thirties, I have discovered a great disdain and unhappiness in the lifestyle I have lived to this point, and searched for the life I am meant to live. Recently I came across the Secular Buddhist podcast and it raised a great amount of interest in the practice for me. 

I look forward to meeting you all, and learning with you in our search to understand ourselves and the world around us through the Buddhist teachings.

Posted : 18/03/2024 9:05 am
Linda Blanchard
(@linda-blanchard)
Active Member Admin

Hi Mark, great to hear from you.  It's been pretty quiet around here for a while now, I think ever since the website got hacked a year or more ago. There's a lot to explore on the site though. I check in fairly regularly, and am always glad to chat. 

Posted : 24/03/2024 7:26 am
Share: