Please read our Code of Conduct before participating in this community.

Online Dharma Shari...

Notifications
Clear all

Online Dharma Sharing re: The News

4 Posts
2 Users
2 Reactions
Sharon Reuler
(@sharon)
Topic starter

I'm looking for an online sangha of experienced practitioners that explores the dharma viz a viz current issues. When my emotional buttons get pushed by the news, and I watch my reactivity, I long for a secular buddhist dharma exchange about the internal processing. Or, it could be an online book club of secular buddhists who read and discuss topical books. (I'm reading Begin Again by Prof. Glaude.) Or perhaps we could talk about certain youtubes, TED talks, and tv programs that raise questions about injustices (Like the PBS series by Prof. Gates - Many Rivers to Cross). If you know of such a group anywhere in the English speaking world, please let me know. Thank you. - Sharon in Texas 

Posted : 10/08/2020 3:27 pm
rickm reacted
(@rickm)

Hi Sharon,

I'm just wondering if you had any responses regarding an online sangha? I am not a very experienced practitioner by any means, but I too am looking to learn and grow. I do have my own Facebook page for Secular Buddhism. It is relatively new and we're just starting out.

I will post the link here with the understanding that it may be taken down if it's against the rules.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/357559768555777

So far we only have about 20 members on the page, but I would certainly love it if you would like to join us.

Thanks,

Rick (Richard) McConatha

Posted : 10/09/2020 1:32 pm
Sharon Reuler
(@sharon)
Topic starter

@rickm  Hi, Rick. Nice to meet you. Thanks for the invite. I did as you requested and requested membership in the Alabama Discussion Group, although this Texan feels odd identifying as Alabama. No, I haven't received any replies to my post. But, to be fair, I don't know the size of this group and some members (like me) may not check it very often. 

Posted : 21/11/2020 10:54 pm
(@rickm)

Hello Sharon! Thanks for your kind reply. I have approved your request to join the Facebook group, Secular Buddhism - Alabama Study Group. Actually there are very few members of the group from Alabama, and I have ben struggling to keep people engaged, so your input and feedback is greatly welcome! 

Regard,

Richard McConatha

Posted : 22/11/2020 11:26 am
Share: